This Bridgestone Potenza RE97AS review showcases why this tire is a great choice if you’re looking for a high-performance tire with all-season peformance. Designed to offer accurate handling and steering response, the Potenza RE97AS performs well in wet conditions, and many drivers report a smooth ride and quiet performance. Check out this tire on Amazon.com here.
Features & Benefits of Bridgestone Potenza RE97AS
- High Silica Content: Silica improves the grip and makes the tires suitable for wet conditions. It also helps in controlling the built-up heat as you drive, resulting in better fuel economy.
- Optimized Footprint: The tread surface is canted very slightly to even out tread wear and reduce heat buildup.
- Circumferential Grooves: Deep circumferential grooves channel the water away in wet conditions, which can reduce the chances of hydroplaning. The varied geometric shapes deflect water into raised channels. Though they are not winter tires, you can find smaller grooves and sipes for light snow traction.
- Ecofriendly Product Design: Environmentally friendly materials such as low-aromatic oils are used during the manufacturing process. This also contributes to the tire’s low rolling resistance lightweight construction so that you get greater fuel efficiency.
- Latest Tread Polymer Technology It reduces wear and improves the performance of the tires. It is responsible for better handling and improved grip on the road.
- Optimized Casing: The optimized casing also results in reduced rolling resistance and improved gas mileage.
- Stiffened Shoulder Blocks: The tread block stiffening on the tires’ shoulders improves response and steering and cornering grip.
What Can You Expect & Who Is the Potenza RE97AS For?
You can drive these tires under both wet, dry and light snow conditions. Potenza RE97AS corners very well and also offers a good steering response when you change directions suddenly. These tires are not suitable for driving on deep snow or ice as they are not dedicated winter/snow tires. Though the tires are not autocross tires or track tires, they do hold good under most conditions. Besides excellent wet grip, they also offer extremely good dry grip, especially during straight-line braking. The grip engages in a smooth way and the tires break away gradually towards the limit. It gives plenty of warning before you lose control. Potenza RE97AS is the right choice for those looking for a high road gripping performance and a quiet ride. It is a bit sport and performance oriented. This all-season tire is designed for crossover vehicles, luxury coupes, and touring sedans.
Very good performance for everyday use.
Smooth and quiet rides.
Excellent wet handling.
Very good steering response
There’s a 55,000-mile limited treadwear warranty.
They are not suitable for winter conditions.
It does not fit in the grand touring all-season category.
Dry road grip and handling also leaves a little bit of room for improvement.
Bridgestone Potenza RE97AS Review Conclusion
You can place these tires somewhere between Grand-Touring and UHP(Ultra High Performance) tires. They manage to combine some of the best features of both to deliver smooth rides to daily drivers. These all-season tires provide a smooth ride but manage to deliver a steering response of a performance tire. However, it is important to note that you cannot put them under grand-touring all-season category. They offer plenty of grip to spare and zippy response. As they do not have the true year around capability, you cannot use them during winters. They are competitively priced and offer a good value for money though. You can expect a decent performance with these daily street tires.
For exact pricing information, you can find this high-quality tire on Amazon.com.
See our other Bridgestone reviews here.